Monday, October 8, 2012

once upon a video suggestion


I was watching some youtube videos that were recently uploaded by my martial arts school and I noticed something funny, possibly messed up, and maybe even racist. I can't really blame anyone since it's an algorithm that controls these things.

If you could take gander at the image below, left to right would be the vertical pagination results of the list of suggested videos. The first page show's the video that I just watched, and if you are so inclined, you can watch that here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au22Y_jtDhM.

As you look through these suggested videos, there are logical relevances and references as to why these other videos would be, they are essentially Martial Arts related videos ranging from Jeet Kune Do, Indonesian Silat, Muay Thai and Wingchun, and then there's that odd result in the third page. can anyone tell me which one?

Yep, towards the middle of that page is PSY's smash hit, Gangnam Style.

Would you file this as a bug? If so, why? why not? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and how you would file the issue if you think that this is indeed a bug.

No comments: